Special deliveries require unique transportation solutions, each tailored to specific types of cargo.
Quicker Same Day offers a range of specialised delivery services across the UK, utilising various vehicles to cater to different delivery needs. This goes beyond our regular fleet, which offers great same day delivery services across most UK major cities, including Liverpool, Leeds, Birmingham, and Manchester.
In this blog, we’re looking into the awkward packages. The ones that don’t fit into your regular van, and may need a bit of extra help to be manouevered.
Let’s delve into these services and the vehicles used for them.
The Importance of Picking the Right Vehicle for Specialised Deliveries
Choosing the correct vehicle for specialised deliveries is crucial for several reasons:
- Safety and Security: Different cargo types require specific handling and transportation methods to ensure their safety and integrity. For instance, heavy or oversized items may need the stability and lifting capabilities of a Hiab crane or a flatbed truck.
- Efficiency and Reliability: The right vehicle can significantly enhance delivery efficiency. For example, Moffett forklifts are ideal for quick loading and unloading in areas without proper facilities, reducing delivery times and increasing reliability.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Using an appropriately sized and equipped vehicle can be more cost-effective. Over- or under-utilising transportation capacity not only affects costs but also impacts the environmental footprint of the delivery.
- Compliance with Regulations: Different types of cargo and vehicles are subject to various regulations. Ensuring compliance is essential to avoid legal issues and potential fines.
- Customer Satisfaction: Timely and safe delivery of goods directly affects customer satisfaction. The right vehicle ensures that products reach their destination in the best condition, maintaining the quality of reliability, transparency, and performance.
The choice of vehicle is not just about transportation; it’s about delivering value, maintaining safety, and ensuring customer satisfaction. Our diverse fleet demonstrates our understanding of these factors, providing tailored solutions for different specialised delivery needs.
We have some great vehicles at our disposal which can help to get packages moving, and in this next section, we’re going to break these down for you.
Our Specialist Vehicles
Pallet delivery is a common distribution method globally, especially for items weighing up to 1000 kg.
Quicker Same Day provides a network of vehicles ranging from small vans to large lorries to accommodate different pallet sizes and quantities, ensuring efficient nationwide delivery.
This is the most common of the specialist packages on this list, and pallet deliveries are often chosen for their convenience as multiple items can be stacked together.
For large and heavy packages, Quicker Same Day offers reliable freight delivery services.
This includes time-sensitive shipments, with a focus on safety and real-time tracking. Our extensive network facilitates seamless deliveries across multiple UK cities, ensuring timely and secure transportation of cargo.
Moffett delivery involves using a Moffett forklift, also known as a Moffett Mounty, which is a forklift truck that can be mounted on the back of a truck or trailer.
This method is ideal for quick and flexible deliveries, especially in areas without loading facilities. It’s suitable for transporting building materials, palletised items, machinery, and other heavy or bulky loads.
When the last mile of delivery may be a challenge, this is a great solution and can help make sure everything is done safely and at high speed.
Hiab deliveries use a truck-mounted crane, typically for heavy and bulky goods.
The Hiab crane’s versatility makes it suitable for a wide range of applications, including construction materials and oversized items. This service is beneficial in locations lacking loading docks or where traditional forklifts are impractical.
In many built-up urban areas of the UK, special is at a minimum, so having a crane on the truck which doesn’t have a large footprint is often essential for moving large items in congested spaces.
Flatbed delivery is designed for oversized, heavy, or irregularly shaped cargo.
Flatbed trucks have an open and flat cargo area, allowing for loading and unloading from multiple angles. This type of delivery is commonly used in industries like construction, manufacturing, and transportation, particularly for goods that exceed the dimensions of standard trailers.
Each of these delivery methods and vehicles serves a specific purpose, catering to the diverse needs of transporting different types of cargo. Quicker Same Day’s array of services demonstrates our commitment to providing flexible, efficient, and secure transportation solutions across the UK.
Specialist Delivery with Quicker Same Day
Whether you need an urgent document delivered by motorbike, or a large package that can only be moved on a flatbed vehicle, we have the tools at our disposal to help you get your package where it needs to be.
While larger deliveries naturally taker longer, we have a great team and state-of-the-art technology to ensure every route is optimised and every order is dealt with in the right manner to ensure delivery in good time and good condition.
If you have a delivery, no matter how big or small, and you need it delivered in a quick time, then why not get in touch with our team today for a free quote?